Do you need woodchuck control on your property in Illinois or Wisconsin? ATW can help to manage your woodchuck problem and also take care of woodchuck removal from your property. Please call us for a consultation today!
For more information on our Wildlife Removal Services click here.
Woodchuck Facts :
- Color is light brown/gray and peppered black hairs, but can have a few other color phases
- Stocky muscular body with long claws perfectly adapted for digging
- Males and females closely alike from 6-10 pounds
- Teeth grow throughout their lifetime and they need to constantly gnaw
- Breeding is from in March and April
- Gestation is about 30-34 days
- Litters are born in April and May
- An average litter size is between 4 and 6.
- Weaned by July
- Young will roam around outside the den holes feeding on vegetation. They will usually never venture to far from their borrow holes.
- Borrow Holes:
- always two separate entrances to their borrows
- depths of the tunnels vary greatly
- Destructive to:
- Nurseries, vineyards, orchards, crop fields, sod farms
- levies, etc.
- Damage outside the home:
- gnawing on cables
- gnawing on wires
- gnawing on underground sprinkler systems
- digging around a foundation they can compromise a building structure
- nuisance in horse and livestock pastures by digging tunnels that can cave in putting the horse or livestock in danger of breaking a leg
- Can be absolutely loaded with fleas as well as around the borrow area and in the borrow itself. They also carry ticks and tulermia.
REMOVAL & CONTROL SERVICES
Critter Hunter Blog
Animal Proofing & Repair